Collaborative Problem Solving Fall Session 9/26-11/14
Time & Location
About The Event
The fee for this course is $175 per person or $305 per couple. A non-refundable $25/person fee will be charged to hold the reservation.
OHP members may be eligible for financial aid. Please email Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) is an evidence-based, trauma-informed, neuro-biologically proven, mindful model that empowers youth and family. Skills needed to communicate safely and empathetically while building new neural connections in the brain will be taught. This method is especially effective for families who struggle with emotional, social, and behaviorally challenging children.
This 16 hour course begins on September 26th with a 2 hour weekly session every Wednesday for 8 weeks.
The course will cover:
A, B, C Plan
The 5 Cognitive Thinking Skills, which help neurotypically developing children foster development of social and emotional skills. These skills are built by using the CPS approach.
1. Executive functioning
2. Language processing
3. Emotional regulation
4. Cognitive flexibility
5. Social skills
Identifying areas of lagging skills and how to build those skills
Teach adults how to listen and empathize
Teach youth how to feel safe enough to communicate
Teach family's, co-workers, administrators, groups, etc. how to come to agreements peacefully
1. Learn to use Collaborative Problem Solving strategies to solve problems
2. Reduce Challenging Behaviors
3. Build Skills and Confidence
4. Build Relationships
5. Practice and utilize specific CPS script to empathize, listen, and solve problems without arguments
6. Practice CPS skills to create neural connections that create understanding and habitual use of learned skills
7. Build empathy and understanding by viewing other's perspectives
This class will be held in the Heritage Hall of the First Presbyterian Church in Bend, OR. Child care will be provided. Please feel free to bring dinner for your child(ren). We have a full service kitchen available if needed.
230 NE 9th St. Take the driveway closest to Franklin Ave marked "lower parking lot." The upper lot is available if the lower lot is full.
- Collaborative Problem Solving$25$250$0