Collaborative Problem Solving Tier 1 Training (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
The fee for this course is $175 per person. To pay by check select MANUAL PAYMENT upon checkout. Send check to
Samara Learning Center
230 NE 9th St.
Bend, OR 97701
Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) is a neuroscientific evidence-based, trauma-informed, mindful model that empowers youth and family. Skills needed to communicate safely and empathetically while building new neural connections in the brain will be taught. This method is especially effective for families who struggle with emotional, social, and behaviorally challenging children.
The course will cover:
A, B, C Plan
The 5 Cognitive Thinking Skills, which help neurotypically developing children foster development of social and emotional skills. These skills are built by using the CPS approach.
1. Executive functioning
2. Language processing
3. Emotional regulation
4. Cognitive flexibility
5. Social skills
Identifying areas of lagging skills and how to build those skills
Teach adults how to listen and empathize
Teach youth how to feel safe enough to communicate
Teach family's, co-workers, administrators, groups, etc. how to come to agreements peacefully
1. Learn to use Collaborative Problem Solving strategies to solve problems
2. Reduce Challenging Behaviors
3. Build Skills and Confidence
4. Build Relationships
5. Practice and utilize specific CPS script to empathize, listen, and solve problems without arguments
6. Practice CPS skills to create neural connections that create understanding and habitual use of learned skills
7. Build empathy and understanding by viewing other's perspectives
This class will be held in the lower portion of the First Presbyterian Church in Bend, OR.
230 NE 9th St. Take the driveway closest to Franklin Ave marked "lower parking lot." The upper lot is available if the lower lot is full.
- CPS Training 1 Person Price$175$1750$0
- CPS Training 2 Person Discount$305$3050