Community Education Conference
Time & Location
About The Event
For scholarships please call Nikki at 541-419-3324.
Childcare is included but spaces are limited! First come first serve. Child(ren) must be potty trained. MUST PRE-REGISTER TO RECEIVE CHILDCARE.
Samara Learning Center, partnered with TRACEs Central Oregon, recognizes the need for trauma informed care and education in Central Oregon. The conference portion of the event will provide an educational opportunity for attendees to understand behaviors, with an emphasis on children and youth, from a neuroscientific point of view. It will also provide varying tools to support individuals, especially those with young developing brains, behaviorally, cognitively, educationally, and emotionally. Additionally, the conference will address proven hardships that lead to challenging behaviors and specific methods to help reduce those challenges. As well, the conference will give attendees a look at positives in their lives and how they may see their challenges as a point of growth. The break out sessions after the keynote speaker will focus on Collaborative Problem Solving, executive functioning skills, Adverse Childhood Experiences, and self-regulation techniques, all of which will use a trauma informed approach. Each break out session will offer tangible ways for families and professionals to utilize necessary tools to create a system of support and resilience to create thriving family units and communities.
The Samara Community Education and Resource Fair will inform and connect families, parents, clinicians, policy makers, teachers, and those who work with youth to numerous Central Oregon youth and family support organizations. We will address the lack of educational opportunities for families, especially caretakers of youth, to learn about neuroscientific research regarding child development, cognitive growth, and behavioral challenges. The conference, along with the vendor fair, will address the great need of Central Oregon families to access support that is specific to various circumstances and challenges in regards to raising children. Additionally, we have arranged to provide much needed self-care opportunities for caregivers and providers through professionals in the community who are volunteering their time and professional talents, such as, massage therapists, yoga instructors, mindfulness instructors, etc.
1. Understand why my child/children act and/or react the way they do, especially in certain situations, such as, school, the grocery store, home, with siblings, doctor’s offices, etc.
2. Learn how, where, and who can help when I don’t know what to do or my child’s struggles are more than I can handle.
3. Learn about ACES and how they affect my child and myself
4. Learn hands on tools that I can take home implement right away in my personal and/or professional life when providing support for individuals, especially youth, who are struggling to thrive.
Registration includes materials/printouts, notebook and pen, and raffle ticket.
- General Admission$25$250$0
- COADD Member Ticket$20$200$0
- TRACEs Partner Ticket$15$150$0